Updated January 1, 2019
EU – U.S. Privacy Shield
TalentDrive participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. TalentDrive is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Economic Area countries and the United Kingdom, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. TalentDrive’s Privacy Shield Certification can be found here. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov.
TalentDrive is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
TalentDrive complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU and United Kingdom, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, TalentDrive is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, TalentDrive may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If an issue cannot be resolved through our internal dispute resolution mechanism, individuals may submit a complaint to the International Centre for Dispute Resolution American Arbitration ((ICDR/AA) which provides, at no cost to the individual, an independent third-party dispute resolution option based in the U.S. To contact ICDR/AA and/or learn more about their dispute resolution services, including instructions for submitting a complaint, please the site at www.adr.org. For residual complaints not fully or partially resolved by other means, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration as detailed in the Principles.
The Information We Gather
TalentDrive gathers two types of information about users of its website and services:
- 1. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (information that does not identify a specific individual): When individuals use the services or website, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the services or website. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. The non- personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of our website and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements. We collect and analyze non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of “cookies,” as discussed below.
- Log Files – As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- We partner with a third-party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by contacting us at privacy@TalentDrive.com (or if located in the European union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads; you will continue to receive generic ads.
- 2. Personally Identifiable Information: In certain areas of the website TalentDrive may request that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, zip code, profession, or credit card information. In such situations we will seek to identify which informational items are required and which are optional. TalentDrive’s services are not available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the event that you encounter any TalentDrive user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact privacy@TalentDrive.com.
How We Use (And Do Not Use) The Information We Gather
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that while TalentDrive encourages all third parties involved to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and members and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from TalentDrive or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with TalentDrive, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact privacy@TalentDrive.com. We will be happy to forward your message to the third-party or contact the third-party on your behalf.
- 1. How we use (and do not use) non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and clients, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the services. We may use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
Subject to the foregoing, TalentDrive uses your personally identifiable information in several ways: to customize various aspects of the services to your preferences; to send to you TalentDrive solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these materials, as provided below); to send to you certain e-mail messages that are critical to your use of the services, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to “opt out” of receiving such messages); to “pre-populate” forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by TalentDrive; as may be necessary to support the operation of the services, such as for account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes. In addition to the circumstances described above, TalentDrive may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties as follows: If you “opt in” to receive promotional materials (see below), information you have made available to TalentDrive may be made available to third parties who provide goods or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
All information made available to TalentDrive may be made available to our contractors, consultants, and professional advisors (such as attorneys or accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and only under a duty of confidentiality.
If TalentDrive is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
“Opting In”: You may choose to “opt in” to receive promotional materials from TalentDrive. You will be given the opportunity to “opt in” to receive such materials at every point at which we collect personally identifiable information through the services. You may change your “opt in” status or “opt out” with respect to such materials at any time by contacting us at privacy@TalentDrive.com. You may also contact those third parties directly.
Occasionally, TalentDrive may conduct surveys in order to better deliver advertisements and content and to better understand your needs relating to the services. We will not share your survey information with any third-party, except in aggregate form.
Deleting or Correcting Your Personal Information
Upon request TalentDrive will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you would like to have your personal information removed from TalentDrive’s database, or would like to correct an error in such information, please contact us at privacy@TalentDrive.com, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within TalentDrive databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personal information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however, TalentDrive reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former TalentDrive clients or users.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Third Party Sites
501 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116